Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Vamp the Old Lamp

I have always been a big fan of great lighting. There are so many times I really needed some good lighting to perk up a room. The problem with lamps is that it takes me forever to find something I am really in love with.

So what do you do if you need some lighting and don't want to invest in lamps you don't love or that are so crummy you don't want them in your home? Well, I took it upon myself to do a little transformation. I got there yellow lamps at a flea market for $1.00 each. The lamps are a decent shape and are a solid ceramic. That made it a good base to get started.



Instead of putting yellow lamps (no offense, but they are yuck) in my living room, I decided to give them a little TLC. First, I spray painted them light blue. That is a color that coordinates with the room, but there are only dashes you can see. I also like the color because it is bright and perky, and the bones of the room (wood planks and brick) are a bit dark.

After giving the lamps several coats, I replaced the harps on the light. They were different sizes and the finials looks a bit tattered. For this project, I got a basic white shade and shaazam, they look like new.

I am not sure if I am going to decorate the shade with a stripe or chevron, but I will make sure to update this post if I do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment